Want to get your bachelorette party just right? Here are a few silly mistakes to avoid:
- Going over-budget — This may happen a lot sooner than you’d think! Your bridesmaids and maid of honor have set aside a certain amount of money for the event, but bachelorette parties can be pricey. Try to avoid splurging when not necessary–for their sakes!
- Overdrinking —Yes, you are the bride-to-be and yes, it is your night to kick back and relax. However, you want to remember the night, don’t you? Drinking more than you should could leave you feeling ill, tired, and hungover the next day. Drink responsibly–just enough to help you chill out, but not so much that you can’t remember what happened.
- Competition/cliques — It’s not about who’s a better friend, who is “cool” with who, or who is more valued by the bride, the maid of honor, or the bridesmaids. This is the time to chill and relax, so try to keep the awkward dynamic to a minimum. If you think things could get weird between your party invitees, split them up and keep it as light and relaxed as possible.
- Insta-fails — What happens at your bachelorette party STAYS THERE! You should make it obligatory for all of your friends to turn in their phones at the beginning of the evening, and only return them if it is absolutely necessary. If anyone takes photos of the event or–God forbid–posts them to social media, kick them out!
- Becoming a target — Between the loud, boisterous party, the excess of drinks, and the fancy jewelry, you are very visibly a bachelorette party. You may become the target for thieves, pervs, and creepers. Be VERY careful of your belongings, and don’t accept drinks that aren’t prepared right in front of you.
Image Source: www.huffingtonpost.com