Shopping for a wedding dress can be a time-consuming activity, especially if you don’t know how to do it right! Thankfully, we’ve got some awesome tips for wedding dress shopping success:
- Give yourself time — You should buy your wedding dress after you book your venue, which means you should start shopping roughly 6 to 9 months before the wedding day. This way, you’ll have plenty of time to shop without feeling stressed.
- Study up –– Thanks to websites like Pinterest, you can find ALL the wedding inspiration you need. Spend a few hours looking at different dress styles, and Pin the ones you like. When you go wedding shopping, show the sales clerk the ideas you liked. This can help to narrow down the options before you step into the dress store.
- Ask for advice –– Most wedding boutique staff has experience helping people choose wedding dresses. If you’re not sure what dress would look best for your body, ask for help. The salesperson can help you find a dress that suits your taste–as well as your price range!
- Shop on a weekday morning –– Saturday is the WORST day to go dress shopping, as that’s when most busy brides-to-be have time. Instead, take a half-day off work, and hit up the dress shop on a slow Tuesday or Wednesday. It will be absolutely worth it, as you’ll find the stores are mostly empty at this time of day.
- Accessorize as you shop –– If you already know what shoes and accessories you want to wear, bring them with you. This will help you find a dress to match, and you’ll save time having to come back another day to try on the dress with your shoes, tiara, earrings, etc.
Image Source: www.huffingtonpost.com