Not everyone likes to make their weddings public, and few people are more private than those who live their lives in the public spotlight: celebrities.
Here are a few secret celebrity weddings you might not have known about:
- Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively — No public marriage for these two! The handsome and charming Mr. Reynolds made the gorgeous Blake Lively his wife for real in 2012, in a small, secret, and rustic, Southern-style ceremony.
- Jay-Z and Beyonce — Who’d imagine that the Queen Bee would do anything small and secret? On April 4th, 2008, she tied the knot with Jay-Z, in a ceremony so secret that few people know it had happened until much later.
- Kate Winslet and Ned Rocknroll — The Titanic star tied the knot with hubby number three in a secret wedding ceremony, though the date of the wedding is not known.
- Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey — Singer and superstar Mariah Carey said “I do” to husband Nick Cannon in one of the most unusual places for a wedding of their caliber: Disneyland. Complete with prince and princess outfits, the wedding–held in April of 2008–was a dreamy affair kept private. Though thankfully they’ve made their yearly wedding vow renewals a much more public event every year since then.
- Zoe Saldana and Marco Perego — The Guardians of the Galaxy and Avatar star got married to Italian artist Marco Perego back in 2013, after a whirlwind romance and a wedding planning period that lasted just three weeks. The wedding, held someplace in England, was a secret affair, but was definitely a wonderful summer wedding for all!
Part 2 has a few more secret celebrity weddings you’ll want to learn all about…