Just because you’ve hired a professional photographer to shoot your wedding, that doesn’t mean that he/she is an expert at wedding photography. Many wedding photographers make simple mistakes that can ruin your wedding photos, so it’s important that you know how to avoid these wedding photography mistakes–ensuring top-notch photos!
- Dress too white — A white dress can be difficult to capture properly. Too much exposure, and the dress looks like a formless mass of white. Too little, and it looks dirty. Make sure the photographer adjusts the exposure to capture your white dress in all its glory.
- Squinting –– This is one of the hardest things to get right on a sunny day. Your eyes naturally squint when it’s bright, which could ruin a lot of photos. If you feel the need to squint as you’re taking the pictures, ask your photographer if there is another location–or if you can shoot at another time.
- Background — If the background isn’t just right, your wedding photos could be ruined. You should walk the venue with your photographer BEFORE the day of the wedding, and together you can find the locations with the best backgrounds for your shoots.
- Missing important shots –– You probably want the photographer to capture the moment you walk down the aisle, the look on the groom’s face as he sees you, the expressions of the bridal party, the moment you kiss, the tossing of the bouquet, and many other important moments. Make a list of ALL the photos you want shot, and give that list to the photographer to ensure you get exactly what you want.
- Messy group shots –– Group shots are hard to get right, even for experienced photographers. Make sure your photographer has a tripod to get just the right angle for the shot, and have someone help coordinate the shot so that everyone is looking at the camera at the right time.
Image Source: www.breamcdonald.com